Start your journey at Atlas Copco where you will be challenged to always find a better way! We offer a family friendly and collaborative work environment, competitive and comprehensive pay and benefits packages, including choices in medical/dental/vision,
life insurance, wellness programs, vacation and paid holidays, paternity leave and an outstanding 401k with company match.
Atlas Copco in New Hudson, MI is seeking a Production Manager to manage and develop the assigned production personnel, defining, and communicating clear expectations and performance objectives. Manage all relevant aspects of daily SPR production activities
in order to meet customer requirements, delivering operational and financial, and supporting all strategic objectives for long-term success of the organization.
- Support the Production Operations team in achievement of KPI’s by developing a competent team that’s focused on improving the current performance in areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost. Develop and foster a continuous improvement culture within
the organization through team development.
- Understand the Operations capacity versus the customer demand and find ways to support and ensure ‘On Time Delivery’ and Quality is built into the team and department process.
- Support the Sales & Operation Planning activity. Support and create a professional organization that has the right skills, development path and culture in support of all business goals and objectives.
- Manage relevant assigned projects with responsibility for project planning, development, and change management, input to budget development and updating, clearly defining assigned project deliverables to the Operations Manager, Coordinate assigned project,
daily business relationships and expectations in conjunction with overall Operations deliverables.
- Create a Rivet production team that focuses on waste reduction and ultimately Lead Time reduction in order to be more responsive to customer demands.
- Provide day-to-day direction to assigned reports to ensure all daily business deliverables and tasks are completed in accordance with Operations KPI structure.
- Ensure facilities have the properly trained, skilled staff and manufacturing resources to effectively manufacture high quality products and ensure all Henrob customers receive high quality products per specifications and as requested to meet their production
- Monitor and react to key performance indicators and anticipate issues prior to escalation.
- Develop and maintain thorough understanding of the facility, its processes and condition.
- Create a ‘center of excellence’ ideology within Production through perfect visualization and 5S standards.
- Develop and follow a clear plan to bring all personnel to the expected skill levels necessary to operate the business at the targets set.
- Support the development of ‘TPM’ systems both in Production and Maintenance teams.
- Work with the Managers within Operations to support and provide input into the Strategy, Master Schedules and Plans in order for Operations to achieve its goals.
- Support and develop the Production team to focus on the right projects, deliver in a timely manner and ultimately benefit the overall business goals.
- Consider and lead key activities within the daily, short, mid and long term growth of the business.
- Provide strong leadership and support within the organization to always consider problem solving to ‘Root Cause’, ensuring that we eliminate repeat issues.
- Support and encourage Production employees to investigate and identify new ideas to foster the spirit of Kaizen.
- Attend, support and contribute to all relevant operations business reviews. Develop your team to address the issues raised in a positive and timely manner.
- International travel may be required occasionally.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present Henrob to our customers in both written and personal meeting scenarios
- Logical thinking and analytical
- The ability to ensure that the resources and risks are effectively managed
- Must have a flexible approach to the role
- The ability to work on own initiative and under pressure
- Experience working in a fast moving environment and be able to demonstrate good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to represent the company internally and externally in a highly professional and credible manner
- An excellent knowledge of Lean Production Methods, in alignment with the Toyota Production Systems (TPS)
- Expertise in lean manufacturing, JIT, QCO/SMED, Line balancing assembly, Kaizen, 5S & Kanban
- Continuous Improvement Background
- Clear and demonstrable experience in A3 development & PPS
- Experience in leading a manufacturing team, managing budgets, KPI orientated and data driven
Henrob Acquired in 2014 by Atlas Copco, with over 500 people worldwide and expanding rapidly, Industrial Assembly Solutions (IAS) is an innovator and market leader in the field of self-pierce riveting (SPR) and Flow Drill Systems (FDS) with a growing list of global customers in the automotive industry such as Ford, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar Land Rover and General Motors. Atlas Copco IAS designs and manufactures rivets and riveting equipment as well as flow drill systems often for robotic application, offering a comprehensive joining system solution. The Industrial Assembly Solutions division shall be perceived as the global partner for innovative joining solutions in selected customer segments.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us in writing and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.