Start your journey at Atlas Copco where you will be challenged to always find a better way! We offer a family friendly and collaborative work environment, competitive and comprehensive pay and benefits packages, including choices in medical/dental/vision,
life insurance, wellness programs, vacation and paid holidays, paternity leave and an outstanding 401k with company match.
The Senior Quality Engineer will be responsible for achieving superior quality performance of rivet manufacturing operations.
- Ensure all of the rivet manufacturing areas are fully compliant with quality system procedures. This will include ownership of the associated PFMEA and control plan.
- Ensure full compliance with all customer specific requirements including CQI-9 and CQI-11
- Investigate customer concerns and internal manufacturing quality issues to determine root cause utilizing documented investigation methods such as 5 why, fishbone, etc.
- Lead corrective action implementation to eliminate recurrence of these issues
- Conduct capability and MSA studies on all processes in support of the PPAP process
- Utilize data and statistical analysis to improve current production processes
- Review wire receiving inspection results as required to ensure any additional inspection requirements are understood
- Responsible for leading investigations and analyzing supplier concerns to ensure identification of root cause and implementation of robust corrective and preventative actions.
- Responsible for third party and supplier audits in the rivet manufacturing areas
- Implement quality system improvements to ensure on-going compliance
- Support and coach Henrob personnel in quality related issues through interfacing with other departments
- Conduct internal quality audits, generate audit reports and ensure timely closure of non-conformances
- Develop and implement quality assurance programs, procedures and instructions
- Track and report quality system KPIs
- Responsible for the development and management of a team of rivet manufacturing quality engineers and met lab technicians
- Carry out other related duties as requested by the Quality Assurance Manager or management team.
- Knowledge of furnace heat treating process - essential
- Knowledge offastener manufacturing processes – desirable
- Full understanding of ISO/TS/IATF 16949 and customer specific requirements - essential
- Experience in dealing with third party and supplier audits
- Must be able to confidently articulate and communicate effectively within the company at all levels.
- Excellent written and presentation skills are essential to perform this role, together with strong IT skills in particular Microsoft Office applications and Minitab
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail is also essential as well as the ability to work well in a fast changing environment demonstrate good organizational skills and be able to prioritize.Balancing the number of tasks this role involves, is imperative.
- The incumbent must be self-motivated and driven to achieve targets.
- Good time management and prioritizing skills are key in the performance of this role
- Ability to maintain professional behavior and good judgment in all situations
- Ability to travel internationally on occasion when required
- Must have a minimum of 5 years in a quality engineering / quality assurance role in manufacturing
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline, preference for Metallurgy or Material Science and Engineering
Henrob Acquired in 2014 by Atlas Copco, with over 500 people worldwide and expanding rapidly, Industrial Assembly Solutions (IAS) is an innovator and market leader in the field of self-pierce riveting (SPR) and Flow Drill Systems (FDS) with a growing list of global customers in the automotive industry such as Ford, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar Land Rover and General Motors. Atlas Copco IAS designs and manufactures rivets and riveting equipment as well as flow drill systems often for robotic application, offering a comprehensive joining system solution. The Industrial Assembly Solutions division shall be perceived as the global partner for innovative joining solutions in selected customer segments.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us in writing and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.